About Lather and Soul Skincare
Inspired by nature | Backed by Science
Founded in 2016, Lather and Soul Skincare is a woman owned, founded, and operated beauty and skincare brand, marrying a fond love of alchemy and science with a nod to Mother Nature.
Every product is thoughtfully and intentionally made, from sourcing, ingredient selection, label transparency, packaging considerations, carbon footprint, and environmental impact. All products are always made in-house in small batches from our own developed and tested formulations. We never use premade bases because we believe in controlling what ingredients go into each creation. When it comes to your skin, integrity and ethics will never be compromised.
In a world of frenzy, to-do lists, and hustle culture, we want you to feel empowered to take the time to slow down and honor yourself. Take what seems to be mundane, daily tasks, to little rituals of self care, intention, and joy.
Whether that is lathering with a beautiful crystal soap in the bath and reveling in the aromatherapy, to applying your favorite skincare and seeing yourself, bare faced, fresh, and stunning. A rite of intentional self love, acceptance, and worthiness.
Ethics + Your Ingredients
We are a strong advocates for transparency, which is why you will always find a detailed ingredients list with every product.
All of our products are handcrafted in small batches using quality, safe, and researched ingredients, sourced locally whenever possible. Nearly all raw ingredients are USDA-certified organic or Ecocert approved.
We are very selective with whom we do business, working with trusted, reputable suppliers who align with our ethos and morals. We support fair trade, no child exploitation, and of course no animal testing, only willing participants. 😉
We are vocal with where our morals and politics stand, and believe silence encourages complicity.
"Black lives matter, love is love, science is real, feminism is for everyone, no human is illegal, and kindness is everything."
Sustainability + Environmentally Conscious
Everything down to packaging, shipping materials, and labels have been thoughtfully sourced to reduce our carbon footprint and be environmentally friendly.
- Many of the product labels are made with 100% post-consumer waste. Packing tape is made with 50% recycled content and certified recycle-friendly.
- Gift boxes, fillers, gift wrap, tissue paper, shopping bags, and most shipping boxes are also made from recycled materials and fibers.
- Packing slip is printed on tree-free paper, made from bagasse, a by-product of sugar cane, biodegradable, compostable, and of course, recyclable.
- Cushion packaging material is made of biodegradable and recyclable kraft paper, an eco-friendly alternative to bubble wrap.
- Any cello bags used are made from wood cellulose fibers sourced with sustainable forestry principles, certified biodegradable, compostable, and made carbon zero.
- Business cards are made with 100% recycled fiber and bleached without the use of chlorine compounds; ancient forest friendly, Green-e Certified, and acid-free.
- Packing peanuts are eco-friendly, as they are starch based and simply dissolve away in water if you have no use for them.
While we are a small business, we are constantly re-assessing our carbon impact and ways we can reduce, reuse, and repurpose. We believe small changes have rippling effects with big impacts.